Wednesday, April 11, 2007

There goes the neighbourhood ...

Last year about this time I moved into my lovely new apartment. I believe there is a post on here to that effect and if I were a blogger worth my spit I could link to it or something ... but that's just a lot of extra clicking and scrolling I'd gladly leave to you.


Anyway it's not the point.


The point is, the lower levels of my then-brand-new building are filling up with all sorts of interesting ways for me to piddle away my cash.


First, the arrival of the block's token Starbucks and then yesterday, SUBWAY Sandwiches unveiled their sign.


I'll never buy groceries again.

Part of me is truly excited to see a subway in such close proximity to my front door. I really really love their subs.

But the part of me that has to pay for my addiction is distressed. Oh Sweet Onion Teriyaki. Oh Steak and Cheese. Oh Subway Melt. Oh Cold cut Trio.

Woe is me (she said with a grin).

What's next?? I'm holding out for a Blockbuster.






3 Comments:

At 2:19 PM, Blogger Brent said...

Nooo!!! Support Canadian! Buy Mr. Sub!

Actually, I'm a sucker for Quizno's, so I should just shut up ;)

 
At 3:06 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

If a Mr. Sub had opened right there, my post would have been almost identical, except where it now says 'Subway', it would then say 'Mr. Sub'. I am not particular in my addiction to Submarine Sandwiches. I love all equally.

 
At 9:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

In our neighbourhood they are just digging very large holes in the beautiful field that was so great for running, x-country skiing, cycling etc so that they can plop in some more houses that are huge and wasteful and block the view of the the wonderful Lake Huron sunset!
It's urban sprawl, not urban planning. There goes the neighbourhood indeed!
'Charlee'

 

Post a Comment

<< Home