Wednesday, April 04, 2007

A Step in the Right Direction

For those of you who don't know, I recently switched jobs within my office. I am now a writer which is truly a dream come true. They warned me I ought to have a thick skin when I signed up and over the first month or so I found out why. Most things I 'write' come back nearly unrecognizeable once they've been to the editor/bossman. Am I still supposed to feel like I'm actually writing something? Have I just fooled everyone? I think I may actually make more work around here as opposed to contributing to the team.


But all that doesn't matter today, because TODAY, I sent something to the editor/bossman and his only comment was ... wait for it ... "perfect!"


Wow. I can do it afterall.

2 Comments:

At 6:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The editor has seen your potential and is guiding you to be the very best.
Perhaps your writing will continue to return from the editor with fewer and fewer adjustments. Perfection is a lofty goal and difficult to maintain. Congratulations on the recent achievement. Enjoy the moment and use lotion on the thick skin.
Charlee

 
At 11:41 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Um, yeah, the part I left out was that the thing I wrote was actually just one quotable sentence. But you gotta start somewhere right!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home