Thursday, June 14, 2007

This and That

hello world,
It's been awhile since I posted anything so I thougth I would just do a quick update on what's been going on in my world ...

  • Racing: Last weekend was the KW-Classic Road Race which was all very good fun. It was also very hot on a course with tons of climbing and not much shelter. Our group of ladies was a little small but it was cozy. We mostly stayed together except for the winner of the race who successfully completed a solo breakaway from 5 laps in. The race was 16 laps/75km. So wow, good for her. The rest of us were left to battle it out for second. With four laps to go, I expertly dropped my chain into the frame and had to stop, get off and re-install. I had to work really hard to get back into the group and by then, the race had really picked up as there were only two laps to go. Just getting back on the group was a victory in itself, and I found I still had the legs to put down a decent finish as well. I came 6th and thought the whole day was just a great positive experience. Thanks to Waterloo Cycling Club and OCA for a great event. Sadly, I have no photos! drat.
  • Work: The job is slowly turning up and I find I am always either working or training. We have quite the summer ahead of us but I am actually really excited. I was worried I'd just be exhausted but so far so good -- the adrenaline is already pumping and I expect it will only get better. I count myself pretty lucky to be in a job that's so rewarding and stimulating. I think we all do, so hopefully we do a good job this summer/fall. haha.
  • On Modelling: So guess what? I recently had my fifteen minutes of fame in the world of print modelling. An open call went out for girls with bikes, so I auditioned and got the part. Look for my mug on upcoming Nikon Coolpix ads set to appear in such publications as MacLeans and Toronto Life. It was as hilarious as it was profitable.
  • Recent Movies I've seen: Pirates of the Carribbean 3 ... Wha...? I also watched "Bon cop, Bad cop" the other night. It was the most stereotypically Canadian thing I have ever seen but I did have some genuine laughs in it. I would give it one thumb up.
  • What I'm Reading: "Snow Falling on Cedars" for the second time. I don't usually read books twice because there just isn't room in my life for seconds. I'd rather get onto the next new thing ... but this book has a spot on my list of favourite reads and since i saw it the other day in a used book store for only $5, I thought what the hay. It's even better the second time around. I'm finding out that "the second time around" is better in lots of ways. (which is a gentle suggestion about a sub-bullet -- my love life as well)
  • What's Coming Up: So there's a Canada Cup this weekend at which time I will be on the race course with such talent as Marie Helene Premont and the Chinese National Team. If you're interested in coming to see Marie Helene knock off four laps in the time it takes me to do two, come to Hardwood Hills on Sunday, 11:30.

That's it for now,

Ta.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home