Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Toronto's hidden charm

This morning, as I walked to work amid rumbling streetcars, blackberry-wielding pedestrians and bad drivers, I was surprised to stumble upon stalls and stalls of fresh berries and fruit. Maybe its just me, but I thought Nathan Philips Square was a most unlikely spot for such an abundant farmer's market. Fruits and berries are not all either! They had vegetables, honey, pies, and even fresh cut flowers. I asked one of the girls at the first stand and it turns out that this charming gathering of deliciously tempting wares appears every Wednesday morning. I am now serving notice that I intend to be late for work next Wednesday: I have shopping to do.

1 Comments:

At 12:01 PM, Blogger The Dog of Freetown said...

Why is something positive about Toronto appearing everywhere I turn? Have the Toronto tourist board launched an offensive? It seems Toronto is the place to be, and I envy you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home