Monday, June 12, 2006

Four Sisters Fall



A Mississauga Landmark went down this morning. Some people turned out to watch and most of the interviews I have read have people coming off SAD! Unbelievable. In The Star, one observer was quoted as saying she’ll miss looking out her living room window and seeing the smokestacks.
“It’s just sad. It’s not going to be the same,” she said. Give me a break! "I'm going to miss those ugly four smokestacks" is not something I can see myself saying. Especially not when they are credited with being the single most potent polluter in the area. yeah, sure, I'll really miss them.

In related news, the government is going nuclear! Let the games begin! Perhaps it is political suicide, but at the very least, it will get some intelligent discussion on the subject into the news. At least one would hope.

Fingers crossed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home