Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Rain rain, go away

Umbrellas: I suffer from an odd idiosyncrasy involving our wet weather friends. That's not entirely accurate. I actually can't stand the people who carry them. They only look out from under the umbrella about 3 feet, therefore forcing everyone in the oncoming to move out of the way; probably into a puddle. These human bulldozers annoy the hell out of me and I strive not to emulate them. Today however, faced with a wet walk to work, or a dry one offered by a borrowed umbrella, I caved. I become one of those people. I tried to lead by example. I kept to my side of the sidewalk. I kept my view reasonable, and I didn't force any oncomers, umbrellaless, into puddles. It was still a pain in the ass to walk with my arm at 90 degrees and the wind made things difficult, although I was never tulipped. a good umbrella I guess. All in all, I guess it was repeatable. But for all you bulldozers out there, shame shame. You're ruining peoples' mornings.

1 Comments:

At 12:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to see that you're back at it again...voyeurism is just too much fun. It just didn't seem right that it all came to such an abrupt end upon your return to the continent. Anxious to see how life after Maastricht treats you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home